path: Home / Characters Danny Concannon
- Position: Member of White House Press Corps; Reporter for the Washington Post
- Played By: Timothy Busfield
- Query: Why doesn't this character appear more often or why hasn't the character appeared recently (whenever).
Timothy Busfield as Danny Concannon
- Education: Notre Dame?
- "Tell me you went to Notre Dame."
"Maybe, next time you won't be so quick to mock on the eve of a Michigan game." [#29]
- Religion: Catholic (?).
- Awards: Pulitzer [#410].
- Work History: Had been a White House Reporter for seven years in late August of 1999 [#3]:
- On the other hand he also covered the campaign and had late night talks with Bartlet on the campaign trail [#17]
- "I have covered the white house for eight years and I've done it for The New York Times, The Washington Post, Time magazine, and the Dallas Morning News and I'm telling you can't mess me around like this." [#22]
- Currently works for the Washington Post and was offered (and turned down) a promotion to editor. [#28]
Romantic Interests: He is interested in C.J., but he does his job first.
Episodes He's In Include:
- Income: Claims to have half a year's salary in technology stocks.
- Plays: Possibly, Kayaking (might have been exaggerting) [#108]
- Watches: New York Knickerbockers
- Leisure Activities:
- Kayaking (might have been exaggerting) [#108]
- "I enjoy movies." [#108]
- Listens to his "police scanner"
- Food Likes: seafood
- What He Says About Himself:
- "I have half a year's salary in technology stocks," he tells Leo [#17]
- "I'm a lively conversationalist."
- "I'm a very good looking guy. I mention that cause it's something people often miss when first meeting me." [#108]
- "I'm not wild about ice-skating but what the hell, I'll do it." [#108]
- "I would never think the White House was cooperating with me." [#414]
- What Others Say About Him:
- When asked what he's doing, he says, "Just minding the people's business," and C.J. responds, "A job you're uniquely suited for."
- "You're a rabble rouser. You rouse rabble." [#7]
- "Danny Concannon won a Pulitzer from the fourth row." --- C.J. to news magazine reporter.
"Danny's more talented than I am." [#410]
- Timothy Busfield also directed in a couple of "Sports Night" episodes.
See Cliffhanger Information: Who's Shot and Who's Not.
Don't miss Neal Rechtman's election thriller The 28th Amendment in which an actor
who portrays a fictional US President on television gets drawn into real-world politics
Quotations & some other material copyrighted to John Wells Productions, et al.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to report mistakes, make comments, ask questions
(note: above email address doesn't reach anyone connected to the show itself).
An introduction to the BBC's "Blake's 7" (from Fantasy Empire), and
A guide to the 70's series "Kung Fu" are also available.