Written by: Lauren Schmidt, Directed by: Mimi Leder
Teri Polo as Helen Santos
Airdate: Sun. April 2 on NBC (8-9 p.m. ET)
NBC Universal Photo: Paul Drinkwater
- Takes Place: Starting the night before Election Day (first Tuesday in November) and ending around the time the polls close on the East Coast.
- Broadcast: Sunday, April 2, 2006
- Query: Whatever happened to the scar Josh had through his chest from being shot?
- Donna should also have a scar on one of her legs from the compound fracture (which had a bone breaking through the skin of her leg).
Can anyone say Continuity?
- It is seven hours before the polls open. A bunch of the Santos staffer are in the bar of the hotel they are staying in. The people in the group leave. They don't exactly leave as couples. But it is obvious that when one person leaves and another follows immediately that they are in pairs. Each pairing surprises Josh.
- "Really," he says after the first two leave.
"Apparently," shrugs Donna.
After another pair leave, Josh asks, "How did I miss that?"
"You might have had an easier year of it if you had come onboard," Ronna tells Josh as she leaves to join another staffer.
"Wow! Cindy?" Josh turns to Donna. "Did you know that?"
"About Ronna and Cindy?"
"Any of them?"
"All of them."
"Wow!" He thinks about it for a moment and then asks her. "Did you ever 'come onboard'?"
"Never had a campaign fling?"
"No." At this point Donna gets up from her seat across from Josh and goes to sit next to him on the couch (and since she is wearing a reasonably short skirt we see her legs fairly clearly and from the knees down there is no scar where she might have had the compound fracture in Gaza).
Josh smiles and asks, "Do you want another drink?"
"No." She says softly. Then Donna gets up and leaves. Josh takes a last sip of his drink and prepares to follow her.
- Josh awakes sometimes later and turns over to Donna who is sleeping besides him. After a little hesitation, he very lightly touches her shoulder and then immediately turns away. Now Donna is awake. She turns to look at him but he is turned away from her. Then she picks up her clothes and heads for the bathroom, silhouetted against the partially lighted doorway. When Josh hears the door squeak, he rushes to put some clothes on (and we see that he has no scar on his chest where he was shot some years before). He rushes to the bathroom door and says as he finds her dressing (and we see the upper parts of her legs and again no sign of the scar that should be somewhere on one of her legs),
Foo Fighters and Bradley Whitford as Josh Lyman
Airdate: Sun. April 2 on NBC
NBC Universal Photo: Paul Drinkwater
"Did you get any sleep?"
"A little. You?"
"Yeah. You don't have to leave."
"I mean, you don't have to sneak out."
"I didn't want to make this awkward." Josh laughs at himself. "I just did, right?"
"I was just checking the news sites." Seems there is a laptop set up in the bathroom. After more awkwardness, she says,
"Why don't I go get us some coffee?"
"How are you feeling?"
"I really want to win this thing."
"Coffee would be great. Cream and—"
"—three sugars. I already checked AP.
Nothing new. You should take a look at Reuters."
--- More to Come ---
- From NBC:
- IT'S ELECTION DAY ON THE WEST WING -
The night before Election Day makes for interesting bedfellows. Josh (Brad Whitford) stresses over returns. Meanwhile, CJ (Allison Janney) is faced with her future job offers. Anabeth (Kristin Chenoweth) makes a startling discovery.
Also starring Jimmy Smits, Alan Alda, Teri Polo, Josh Malina, Mary McCormack, Dule Hill.
Show Cast: Janel Moloney, Stockard Channing, Lily Tomlin, Richard Schiff, Allison Janney, Bradley Whitford, Martin Sheen, John Spencer, Dule Hill, Janeane Garofalo, Mary Mccormack
- From TV Guide:
- Election Day finally arrives, and between analyzing exit polls and mulling over news reports, a few Santos staff members discover the joys of campaign romance.
Meanwhile, C.J. ponders life after the White House; and Annabeth makes a tragic discovery. Joey Lucas: Marlee Matlin. Bruno Gianelli: Ron Silver.
For anyone interested in guest stars of this episode (as well as more information),
let us recommend the West Wing Episode Guide.