- Want to know what we are Reading, Ordering, Just Finished, or Thinking about Reading or Ordering?
(Warning these are things often totally unrealted to "The West Wing"):
The Oxford English Dictionary, Second Edition (20 Volume Set)
by J. A. Simpson (Editor), Edmund S. Weiner (Editor) is on sale! Down from $3,000 to only $895.
I am finding it hard to resist.
- Lois McMaster Bujold - Our favorite living novelist; writes science fiction and, occasionally, fantasy
The Hallowed Hunt (Chalion, Book 3)
From Publishers Weekly
"The absorbing third installment in Bujold's epic fantasy series (after The Curse of Chalion and the Hugo-winning Paladin of Souls) links a disinherited swordsman hero with a beguiling damsel accused of murdering a royal prince in a land worshiping five gods, menaced by encroaching neighbors and swarming with ancient magic and lethal political intrigue. Lord Ingrey kin Wolfcliff, sent by the kingdom's sealmaster to fetch orphaned Lady Ijada to trial, soon learns they both unwillingly bear animal spirits received in forbidden power rites stretching centuries back into the primeval Weald. With the aged Hallow King now dying, Ingrey and Ijada journey toward the king's hall at Easthome, falling into a love that appears doomed..."
Irresistible Forces - Includes the story of Miles's wedding:
Amazon's Description: "New York Times bestselling authors Mary Jo Putney, Jo Beverley, and Lois McMaster Bujold join forces with award-winning authors Catherine Asaro, Jennifer Roberson, and Deb Stover in this all-new anthology of original stories proving that love can conquer all...even the boundaries of time and space."
- Paladin of Souls
- The Curse of Chalion
- Shards of Honor - First book in the Vorkosigan series
- The Warrior's Apprentice - Recommended to start the series
- Memory - Extraordinary study of making mistakes and living with them and going on.
- Borders of Infinity - Three Novellas
- A Civil Campaign: A Comedy of Biology and Manners, 1999
- Dreamweaver's Dilemma
- Diplomatic Immunity - the Most recent of the Miles novels
- Megan Whalen Turner
These books are supposed to be meant for children but adults love them too (they aren't perfectly written and yet they are fantastic):
- Tolkien and "The Lord of the Rings"
- "Babylon 5" books related to "Crusade"
- "Honor Harrington Universe books by David Weber
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- Your Last Diet: The Sugar Addict's Weight-Loss Plan (Nov. 2002)
by Kathleen, Ph.D. Desmaisons
- The New Sugar Busters: Cut Sugar to Trim Fat (December 2, 2003)
by H. Leighton Steward, Morrison C. Bethea, Luis, Md Balart, Sam, Md Andrews
- Obesity, Diabetes & How To Eat To Live: Transcending the Dietary Dark Ages, 2nd Ed. (April 2004)
by Kevin A. Muhammad
- How to Prevent, Control & Cure Diabetes: Minimize the Impact Diabetes Has on Your Life
by Seymour L. Alterman, Donald A. Kullman (Mar 2004 hardcover 2000)
The First Year Type 2 Diabetes: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed
by Gretchen Becker (2001 -Amazon.com Sales Rank: 746)
- No More Diabetes
by John M. Spanek (Mar 2004)
Tell Me What to Eat If I Have Diabetes
by Elaine Magee (updated 2003 -Amazon.com Sales Rank: 374,561)
- No More Diabetes
by John M. Spanek (Mar 2004)
The Everything Diabetes Book
by Paula Ford-Martin, Ian, Md. Blumer (2004)
Fire Up Your Metabolism: 9 Proven Principles for Burning Fat and Losing Weight Forever
by Lyssie Lakatos, Tammy Lakatos, Tammy Lakatos Shames (2004 Amazon.com Sales Rank: 3,570)
The New Glucose Revolution Pocket Guide to Losing Weight
by Jennie Brand-Miller, Kaye Foster-Powell, Stephen Colagiuri, Johanna Burani (2003 Amazon.com Sales Rank: 1,570 $2.99)
The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible : A Complete Guide to Planning, Shopping, Cooking, and Eating
by Hope S. Warshaw, Robyn, MS Webb, Graham Kerr (Foreword), Robyn Webb (2001 -Amazon.com Sales Rank: 4,224)
WHAT TO DO WHEN THE DOCTOR SAYS IT'S Diabetes: The Most important Things You Need to Know About Blood Sugar, Diet, and Exercise for Type I and Type 2 Diabetes
by Winnie Yu, Melvin R. Stjernholm, Alexis Munier
(March 2004) - $11.87
The Complete Diabetes Prevention Plan: A Guide to Understanding the Emerging Epidemic of Prediabetes and Halting Its Progression to Diabetes
by Sandra Woodruff, Christopher D. Saudek
(March 2004) - $16.96
- *****28 Days to Diabetes Control!: Lower Your Blood Sugar, Improve Your Health, and Reduce Your Risk of Diabetes Complications (April 2004) - $10.36
The Diabetes Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh Book (1998-2003)
by Ruth Glick (used)
- One Pot Meals For People With Diabetes (2002)
by Ruth Glick, Nancy Baggett
- Quick & Easy Diabetic Recipes For One (1997)
by Kathleen Stanley, Connie Crawley
- The First Year Type 2 Diabetes: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed
by Gretchen Becker